James L. Johnson: ERISA Litigation Attorney
For more than 35 years, James L. Johnson has been providing quality legal representation throughout northeast Texas. When you are denied an employee benefit or insurance claim, or damaged by a seller's deceptive representations, it is important to have experienced counsel on your side to help you secure the benefits and compensation you deserve. Insurance companies and merchants won't look out for your best interests. I will.
The judicial system can be a great equalizer, where corporate wealth and power can be overcome when the law and the facts favor the individual. But you need an attorney who will fight for your legal rights, and has the knowledge and experience to do so.
I have a track record of reported court decisions (some listed below) to demonstrate that I have that knowledge and experience, and can effectively present your case to the court.
- US District Court Northern District of Texas, 1986
- US District Court Western District of Texas, 1987
- US District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1988
- US District Court Southern District of Texas, 1998
- US Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1990
- US Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1994
- US Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 2000
- US Supreme Court, 2001
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas, 1985
- Juris Doctor
Honors: Order of the Coif
Law Journal: Southwestern Law Journal, Managing Texas Survey Editor
- Rose Hulman Institute of Technology, Terre Haute, Indiana, 1974
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Cum Laude